Thursday, October 16, 2008

Fire Magick - breaking bad habits


To break a bad habit:

Create a circle of nine taper candles on an altar. Place a dish of white sage incense in the middle of the circle. Have a large feather or a hand-fan as well.

The color of the candle should correspond to the habit
smoking-orange
overeating-brown
alcohol-blue
overspending-green
white is okay for any habit

Carve the name of the negative habit into each candle. Place a ring of salt around the candle circle. Light each candle in succession, saying " As this candle burns and disappears, so my ____________ leaves me free and clear." Light the incense. As the smoke rises, wave the smoke towards you with the feather. Bathe your head, heart and hands, saying "My head fills with happy thoughts, my heart is free of fear, my hands deliver me from my _______________." Let the candles burn all the way down.

*never leave burning candles unattended.

No comments: