Thursday, September 3, 2009

Away with the Faeries

Been in Ireland over the summer and had a great time with family. I carefully visited a fairy fort near my parents house. I came bearing roses & other garden flowers. Fairy forts are seen as entrances to the world of Tuatha De Danann, peoples of the Goddess Danu, also known as the "Good People".

A neighbor told me a story about a mean landowner, Mrs. Burns, who purposefully disrespected the ring fort to show the superstitious people in the village how foolish they were. She danced in the middle of the ring, stomping and shouting. She was struck down and was in a wheelchair the rest of her life.

1 comment:

Rowan LeBoutillier said...

Serves her right for disrespecting the Faeries. Sounds like they gave her a good can of "whoop-ass" for doing what she did to them. I do hope she has since changed her view of the Fey.